Basic Balsamic Sauce
- A quick balsamic sauce to pour over Steaks, Chops, Roasts and Chicken. 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 t. Ground Coriander
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Ground Garlic (Granulated or Powder)
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar (Pomegranate or Apple for Fall Dishes)
- 2 t. Cornstarch (Optional to Thicken)
- 1 T. Butter
- In a non-reactive saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of chicken broth to a low simmer. Add 1 teaspoon each of : Ground Coriander, Cumin, Garlic and Smoked Paprika. Simmer 3 minutes to reduce.
- Add 1/2 cup Old World Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and continue to simmer 5 minutes. To reach desired thickness, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to a small amount of water. Slowly whisk into the sauce using only what you need. Top with a pat of butter, whisk and serve.
Pomegranate vinegar pairs well with the following oils: Garlic, Meyer Lemon, Tuscan Herb or Chipotle.
Moroccan Shrimp with Pomegranate Sauce
2 cups OWOC Pomegranate Balsamic
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
¾ tsp. ground cumin
¾ tsp. ground coriander
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ tsp. Kosher salt
1½ Tbsp. OWOC EVOO, any
4 cups arugula
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, pour in two cups balsamic, and reduce until thickened, about 20-30 minutes. Pour sauce in a small dish for dipping.
Toss shrimp with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and olive oil, and stir to coat. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook two minutes per side until pink and opaque. Place on top of arugula. Serve with balsamic reduction sauce.