Rich and sweet with a hint of tart, aged balsamic with pure and natural Strawberry essence. Hard to remember this is a vinegar! Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar compliments meat, vegetables, salad and desserts. Pairs well with Garlic, Meyer Lemon, Blood Orange, Basil, Roasted Sesame, or Toasted Walnut Oil. Great as a salad dressing mixed with berries, nuts and crumbled cheese. Excellent over ice cream or drizzle over a sharp cheese.
Almond Dusted Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped unbalanced almonds
- ¼ cup minced shallots or green onions
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 T. Old World Olive Press Strawberry Balsamic
- 1 T. minced fresh rosemary
- 10 oz. Fresh spinach, cooked just until tender and kept warm
- 1 T. Old World Olive Press EVOO, any
Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in almonds. Place chicken in skillet; sauté four minutes on each side, turning once. Remove from pan and keep warm. Reduce heat to low, add green onions and sauté one minute. Add broth, preserves, balsamic and rosemary. Simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Place spinach on heated serving platter; top with chicken breasts and pour sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle finely chopped parsley over chicken.