Mediterranean blood oranges are pressed simultaneously with the olives to produce this truly remarkable oil full of sweet citrus flavor. Our Blood Orange Olive Oil complements Seafood, Chicken, Salad, Fruit, Dessert, and Bread. Pairs well with Dark Chocolate, Fig, 18 Year Aged Traditional, Tangerine and Oregano Balsamic vinegars. Mix with 18 Year Balsamic, then marinate shrimp, scallops, or salmon.
The Blue Salad
- 8 C Spring Mix (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- ½ C Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Mandarin Orange, Clementine, or Tangerine, peeled and separated into sections.
- 1/3 C Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- ¼ C Old World Olive Press Blueberry Balsamic
- ½ C Old World Olive Press Blood Orange EVOO, (can substitute Meyer Lemon EVOO)
- Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper (to taste)
Prepare salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion & tomatoes by arranging on chilled salad plates.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk vinegar, oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until the oil and vinegar has emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad, top with optional chopped nuts and serve immediately.