Blueberry Barbeque Sauce
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or thawed frozen blueberries)
- ¼ cup Old World Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- 3 T. sugar
- 3 T. ketchup
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. salt
Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; cool. Place blueberry mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Use as sauce over pork, steaks or poultry.
The Blue Salad
- 8 C Spring Mix (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- ½ C Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Mandarin Orange, Clementine, or Tangerine, peeled and separated into sections.
- 1/3 C Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- ¼ C Old World Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- ½ C Old World Olive Co. Blood Orange EVOO, (can substitute Meyer Lemon EVOO)
- Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper (to taste)
- Prepare salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion & tomatoes by arranging on chilled salad plates.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk vinegar, oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until the oil and vinegar has emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad, top with optional chopped nuts and serve immediately.