Our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar starts with the 18 Year Traditional base, this balsamic has a smooth flavor like the 18 Year, but a slight tartness from the Pomegranate fruit. Complements seafood, vegetable, sauces and meats. Pairs well with Meyer Lemon, Garlic, Tuscan Herb, Herbs de Provence, and most all of our award winning oils. Drizzle over fresh greens with fruit, nuts and robust cheeses. Nice substitution for those who want a little extra zip instead of the 18 Year Traditional Balsamic.
Basic Balsamic Sauce
- A quick balsamic sauce to pour over Steaks, Chops, Roasts and Chicken. 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 t. Ground Coriander
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Ground Garlic (Granulated or Powder)
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar (Pomegranate or Apple for Fall Dishes)
- 2 t. Cornstarch (Optional to Thicken)
- 1 T. Butter
- In a non-reactive saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of chicken broth to a low simmer. Add 1 teaspoon each of : Ground Coriander, Cumin, Garlic and Smoked Paprika. Simmer 3 minutes to reduce.
- Add 1/2 cup Old World Olive Press Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and continue to simmer 5 minutes. To reach desired thickness, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to a small amount of water. Slowly whisk into the sauce using only what you need. Top with a pat of butter, whisk and serve.
Pomegranate vinegar pairs well with the following oils: Garlic, Meyer Lemon, Tuscan Herb or Chipotle.
Moroccan Shrimp with Pomegranate Sauce
2 cups OWOC Pomegranate Balsamic
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
¾ tsp. ground cumin
¾ tsp. ground coriander
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ tsp. Kosher salt
1½ Tbsp. OWOC EVOO, any
4 cups arugula
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, pour in two cups balsamic, and reduce until thickened, about 20-30 minutes. Pour sauce in a small dish for dipping.
Toss shrimp with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and olive oil, and stir to coat. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook two minutes per side until pink and opaque. Place on top of arugula. Serve with balsamic reduction sauce.