Starting with the classic 18 Yr Traditional base, the fresh red apples are pressed to fuse this aromatic and fruity vinegar! Our Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar compliments bread, salad, seafood and fish. Pairs well with Toasted Walnut, Garlic, Tuscan Herb or any award winning EVOO. Great drizzled over fresh fruit, or over pork with cooked warm apples on top.
Basic Balsamic Sauce
- A quick balsamic sauce to pour over Steaks, Chops, Roasts and Chicken. 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 t. Ground Coriander
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Ground Garlic (Granulated or Powder)
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar (Pomegranate or Apple for Fall Dishes)
- 2 t. Cornstarch (Optional to Thicken)
- 1 T. Butter
- In a non-reactive saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of chicken broth to a low simmer. Add 1 teaspoon each of : Ground Coriander, Cumin, Garlic and Smoked Paprika. Simmer 3 minutes to reduce.
- Add 1/2 cup Old World Olive Press Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and continue to simmer 5 minutes. To reach desired thickness, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to a small amount of water. Slowly whisk into the sauce using only what you need. Top with a pat of butter, whisk and serve.
Pomegranate vinegar pairs well with the following oils: Garlic, Meyer Lemon, Tuscan Herb or Chipotle.
Baked Chicken with Dijon and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) chicken — cut up or bone-in chicken parts, as desired
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper — to taste
- 2 tablespoons Old World Olive Press Balsamic vinegar (18 year or Red Apple)
- 1 tablespoon Old World Olive Press Olive oil (Hojiblanca)
- Garlic powder, to taste
Preheat oven to 400: F. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, on a baking rack if desired. Brush or spread each piece lightly with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with the vinegar ,then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake until chicken is brown and done, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes. This is good hot or at room temperature.
The ingredients can be mixed in a small bowl and poured over the chicken. The chicken and sauce can also set to marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature or for a longer time in the refrigerator. Serves 4
Chicken with Tomato and Apple Balsamic Vinegar
4 chicken halves
Salt and pepper
3 T. Old World Olive Press EVOO, any
3 T. chopped onion 1 T. minced garlic
¼ cup white wine
1 cup Old World Olive Press Red Apple Balsamic
3 cups canned tomato
3 T. butter
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté with oil until hot. Add the chicken and sauté until golden brown on all sides. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate and keep warm. Deglaze pan with the wine and vinegar. Reduce by half. Add the tomato, butter and chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked. Serve.