Savory Sage with a hint of Morel, Chanterelle, and Shitake Mushrooms our Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil is great with Rice, Meat, Bread, Pasta, Eggs, Potatoes, Tomatoes. Drizzle over noodles & add smoked gouda cheese. Drizzle in sauté pan for scrambled eggs or frittata. Mix into mashed potatoes, form into patties and brown in sauté pan.
Wild Mushroom & Sage
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 T. Old World Olive Press Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- 1 T. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 T. tomato paste
- Put the mushrooms in a small bowl and add ½ cup of hot water to cover. Soak ½ hour. Remove mushrooms, reserving the water. Clean to remove any grit and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the butter has melted add the chicken and sauté on both sides for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and add the onion to the pan, cook and return chicken to pan. Stir in mushrooms, wine and paste.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve
Asparagus and Cheese Omelette with Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- Old World Olive Press 18 Yr Traditional Balsamic
- Old World Olive Press Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- 2 or 3 Eggs (per serving)
- Swiss Cheese
Par-boil or microwave the asparagus until just cooked. Reduce balsamic by half, reserve.
Break one serving of eggs into a bowl and scramble with a fork. Add a dash of cold water and continue to beat the eggs until mixed. Heat olive oil in an omelet pan. Put the eggs into the pan and cook until just set. Place three asparagus spears in the eggs with some cheese. Fold the omelet into a plate and serve with a balsamic drizzle.